The East Asian Social Policy (EASP) research network is an organization of doctoral students and academics interested or involved in the analysis of East Asian social policies.
The Network welcomes a multi-disciplinary approach to the analysis of East Asian social policies. It is open to people from a range of disciplines, including social policy, sociology, political science, and economics.
The EASP research network was established in January 2005 to facilitate research exchange and co-operation among East Asian social policy analysts and to provide a forum and network of communication for the development of East Asian social policy analysis as a field of research. It has the following specific objectives:
- Promoting activities related to East Asian social policy.
- Enhancing the quality of research and developing theories on East Asian social policies.
- Enhancing the development of the knowledge, skills and experience of doctoral students and young researchers.
- Promoting comparative social policy studies between Europe and East Asia and among the East Asian countries as well.
- Contributing the development of the knowledge, skills and experience of doctoral students and young researchers.
To achieve these goals, EASP seeks to develop various links among social policy analysts throughout Europe as well as East Asia by providing and supporting a forum for the exchange of ideas and the sharing the experiences on social policy research. A series of workshops/conferences will have been held, beginning in January 2005. The English-language academic Journal of East Asian Social Policy (tentative title) will be produced in near future as a journal of the EASP research network.